One of the nearest golf club to the heart of Paris, the Golf de Saint-Germain is located in the forest of Saint-Germain, and is considered one of France’s finer courses.
Its present location dates back to 1920 and offers 2 courses (18 holes and 9 holes) spread out on 74 ha, designed by the famous english architect Harry S. Colt.
Because of its prestige and the high quality of its course, the Golf de St Germain has been the host to numerous prestigious golfing venues: Nal and Int’al Amateur Championships, French open championship (9 times), The Hennesy ladies cup (4 times),. The first World ladies team championship (Espirito Santo Trophy) was held in 1964 and the European Ladies Team Championship in 1999, and won by France.
Aside of these prestigious events, many of golf’s great names have played in St Germain: Bobby Locke, Peter Thomson, Henry Cotton, Ben Hogan, and in recent times Bernhardt Langer, Nick Faldo, Ian Woosnam, Sandy Lyle and Severiano Ballesteros.